Teachers are responsible for
- following the principles of good professional practice and ethics and be a role model for the students.
- developing the skills to be a competent teacher and guide to the students whom they are teaching.
- supervising the progress of students’ learning and taking active part in mentorship program to help the students learn the skills and achieve competence while ensuring the safety of the patient.
- assessing the students’ performance objectively and constructively so as to improve their knowledge and skills.
- pursuing matters related to teaching which are of paramount importance for the clinical teachers and carrying out practices which are learner-friendly and non-compromising to patient’s safety.
Students are responsible for
- attending all teaching sessions, completing all assignments given by the faculty and maintaining academic discipline and being punctual.
- executing their own learning and achieving the objectives set by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC).
- ensuring the patients’ safety by working within the limits of their respective competencies.
- maintaining a cordial relationship with peers, hospital employees engaged in patient service and the community at large.
- engaging in continuous self-improvement based on the systematic evaluation of their learning by the teachers, accepting positive criticism and mitigating self-deficiencies with the assistance of their teachers/mentors