The undergraduate students graduating from the Medical Colleges of Ad-din should
- be competent in diagnosis and management of common health problems, commensurate with her/his position as a member of the health team at the primary, secondary or tertiary levels using her/his clinical skills based on history, physical examination and relevant investigations.
- be competent to practice preventive, curative and rehabilitative medicine in respect to the commonly encountered health problems.
- be familiar with different therapeutic modalities and be confident with the administration of the “essential drugs” and their common side effects.
- be able to appreciate the social, psychological, cultural, economic and environmental factors affecting health and develop an empathetic and sensitive attitude in discharging professional responsibilities.
- possess the attitude for continued self learning and seeking further expertise or pursuing research in any chosen area of health care.
- be familiar with basic factors, which are essential for the implementation of the National Health Policy/ Programs including practical aspects of the following :
– reproductive and child health program.
– prevention and control of communicable and non-communicable diseases.
– health promotion and behavior changes in disease control.
– environmental sanitation and climate change.
– health in different work places.
- acquire basic management skills in the area of human resources, materials and resource management related to health care delivery.
- be able to identify public health problems and learn to work to resolve these by designing and instituting corrective steps and evaluating outcome of such measures.
- be able to work as a member of the health care team and acquire proficiency in communication skill.
- be competent to work in a variety of health care settings.
- have personal characteristics and attitudes required for professional life such as personal integrity, sense of responsibility and reliability and ability to relate to and show concern for other individuals.
All efforts will be made to equip the medical graduates acquiring the detailed skills and competencies as prescribed by the Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC) Regulations.